Breast Cancer remains to be the most common invasive cancer and the most fatal to women. Also known as Pink Month, October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (NBCAM). The campaign was established in 1985 to bring widespread attention to breast cancer, founded by the American Cancer Society and the Imperial Chemical Industries Pharmaceuticals. According to the Mongolian Center for Health Development, breast cancer ranked sixth in terms of incidence in 2014 with only 1.7 per 100,000 people diagnosed at the National Cancer Center. In 2018, this figure has doubled. In the United States, new cases of women diagnosed with breast cancer have increased leading to 1 in 8 women at risk of developing breast cancer in her lifetime. That’s why Breast Cancer Awareness is an effort to raise awareness and reduce the stigma of breast cancer through symptom and treatment education. We hope that better knowledge can prevent and lead to earlier detection of breast cancer.
Since being aware of our bodies is important, GOBI Cashmere is honoring breast cancer awareness month through its partnership with Susan G. Komen. Whether you are directly affected or not, we hope to bring awareness to this cause. For each purchase from our embroidered cashmere merchandise, we will be donating a certain amount to breast cancer prevention. As a gesture of support, make your contribution and wear 100% Mongolian Cashmere proudly.
However, that’s not the only thing. In view of the fact that 72% of the workers in our company are women, we came up with a more inclusive breast cancer awareness campaign. We decided to arrange a survey for all women workers of our company, because GOBI respects women's rights and is concerned about our workers. It is very important for us to provide them with a safe and comfortable environment.
Here is a short interview with GOBI Online Office’s Marketing Manager, Namuun Boldbaatar.
When did you first learn or what do you think about Breast Cancer Awareness Month (NBCAM) or Pink Month
- Honestly, it was only after I started working at GOBI that I discovered Pink October. I guess, before I didn't even pay attention to breast cancer, it seemed like it was very distant from me.
- Have you been tested for breast cancer before?
- No, didn't even consider it.
- How personal is this topic to you?
- I think that this topic is relevant for every woman. After all, the main thing is to be examined at the right time and not to be treated after the start of some problems. And in this aspect, I am very appreciative to our company, because without my colleagues I would not have gone for such an examination on my own initiative.
- What would you say in support of breast cancer patients?
- Unfortunately, nowadays breast cancer affects women of all ages and categories. But in the same way the medicine is getting progressively better every year. And that's why the main thing is to find out about possible illnesses in proper time. So, with this campaign we wanted to show that GOBI is not staying away, that we want to give moral support to all those who are suffering from this disease. And that we pay enough attention to the health of our employees. After all I believe in being strong when everything seems to be wrong. I believe that happy women are the most beautiful, so be brave and beautiful with GOBI!
Furthermore, I would like to take this opportunity to thank the authorities for their commitment to the health of employees. I'm sure there are a lot of people like me who would not have done it themselves.
In life, we cannot predict anything. Someone gets cancer, someone wins the lottery and you're reading this. If you're reading this, know that we're not just a cashmere processing company, we're trying to contribute to the development and economy of the country without harming nature. We retain the culture and traditions merging with contemporary movements. We want to make life more convenient, safer and better. We care for you and would like you to feel a 100% Mongolian Cashmere. We make cashmere a lifestyle! Beyond everything, Pink Month is a reminder for us that the best protection is early detection. Be aware of breast cancer with GOBI and discover more at GOBI Cashmere | Sharing Comfort & Joy.